Greetings – This is Chris Charnas, Vice President/Golf at Canal Shores, and this is your regular update on the progress of renovation at Canal Shores. Despite some crazy heat and rain, we keep pushing forward with construction at the 104 year old Gem. Our Superintendent, Brad Helms, will soon start growing in the grass. We do ask everyone to please stay off the grass as it is growing in. Currently, there are five holes open for play: 14,15, 16, 17 and 18. Effective Monday, August 28th, the remaining holes will be closed, so book your tee time this weekend to get in one last round at the “gem in your backyard”!
Current progress report:
- 5, 6, and 7: all drainage is in and greens now have sand on them. Irrigation is going in this week as well. Sod around greens should be installed next week which will make the greens really pop.
- 4: finish grading is done, greens have been drained, sand going onto the green
- 8: grading is finished and is being drained
- 3, 9, 10: final shaping almost done. Holes will be ready for topsoil and draining next week
- 3: Dissipator is in
- 2, 11: grass has been rototilled, rough grading in process. Dissipators going into the canal have been completed.
- 12: rototilling has begun
- 1: tree clearing has begun
The putting hole – Naming rights are still available. The picture does not begin to show the undulation.
Holes 5, 6 and 7. The Redan, The Punchbowl and The Putting Hole
Rendering of the north end holes
Please let me know if you have any questions on the project or would like a tour. If you prefer to be unsubscribed from this newsletter, please let me know.
Finally, a huge thank you to all that have donated to the Canal Shores 2nd Century project. If you have not yet donated and are interested, you can email me to set up a meeting or you can access our donation site here.
Also – we are looking for a couple of people to help with the grow-in this fall. If you know of anyone that loves being outside please send them our way.
*** Picture credit to the one and only Patrick Hughes
Links Capital Advisors
3223 Lake Ave
Wilmette, IL 60091