Instructions For Ira Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD’s)
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. A QCD is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA Qualified Charitable Distributions
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How a QCD gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us. (Click here for a sample letter directing your administrator.)
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
How to make a QCD gift to benefit Canal Shores
To make an QCD gift to Evanston Wilmette Golf Course Association (dba “Canal Shores Golf Course”), simply contact your IRA custodian and request that an amount be transferred directly to the Evanston Wilmette Golf Course Association. Your gift can be cash in any amount up to $100,000.
(Click here for a sample letter directing your administrator.)
Direct your custodian to make your gift to
Evanston Wilmette Golf Course Association
1030 Central Street
Evanston, IL 60201
Federal Tax ID #36-2016649
When you make an IRA gift to Canal Shores, please email or call us and let us know. We’ll need your name, address, and phone number so we can properly credit you when your gift arrives.
It is the donor’s responsibility to ensure that the donor’s IRA distributions comply with IRS rules. We recommend that you seek advice from your accountant or financial planner prior to making a charitable rollover as personal circumstances can have a significant impact on whether charitable rollovers are advantageous. In order to benefit from a 2017-eligible IRA contribution, please contact your IRA administrator as soon as possible as some administrators may place a deadline on requesting transfers. We are available to you and your advisors to help arrange a gift; please contact the course’s Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-475-9173.